KOMSCO, the official mint of South Korea, launched their first release of the Korean Phoenix in 2020. All of these medals were struck in 0.999 fine silver, and feature the Korean Phoenix. The Korean Phoenix, also known as the “Bong-Hwang” is an imaginary bird that has been praised since the ancient times. Since 1967, the Phoenix has been used as the presidential seal of South Korea.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver in brilliant uncirculated condition
- Minted at KOMSCO, the mint of South Korea.
- Each medal is shipped in a protective plastic coin flip, or tube of 25.
- Obverse: Features the Phoenix flying in the sky, looking over South Korea while holding a symbolic orb.
- Reverse: Features a pair of Phoenix and the Flag of South Korea. Also includes a latent security feature.
The obverse face of 2020 1 oz South Korean Silver Phoenix Medals features a depiction of the phoenix in flight. The date of issue (2020) and name of this series (Korean Phoenix) is featured on this side.
Also visible on this side of the coin is a new security image by KOMSCO. As you adjust the angle of viewing, the Korean language terms for Bong and Hwang appear.
On the reverse face of the 2020 South Korean Silver Phoenix, you will find a pair of Phoenix facing toward one another with the Taeguk in the center. The markings on this side include; Republic of Korea, KOMSCO, the weight, metal content, and purity.
Buy your 2020 1 oz South Korea Silver Phoenix from Arch City Bullion today.