The Perth Mint’s Australian Lunar Series enters its third cycle in 2020 with the release of superb precious metal coins marking the Year of the Mouse. People born under the sign of the Chinese lunar mouse in 2020, 2008, 1996, 1984, 1972 and every 12th preceding year are said to be smart, resourceful, adaptable and kind. Featuring a variety of stunning finishes, these Australian legal tender coins celebrate the Year of the Mouse with inspirational designs for both Lunar Series collectors and everyone proud to mark their allegiance with this capable and clever animal. The platinum coin design is the same as the gold coins in the series and feature a mouse climbing up a wheat stalk.
- 1st coin in the Lunar Series III collection and first-ever platinum lunar coin!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .9995 pure platinum in Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
- $100 (AUD) issued by the federal government of Australia.
- On the obverse is an effigy of Queen Elizabeth II by designer Jody Clark.
- The reverse includes the image of a mouse climbing a wheat stalk in a design from Ing Ing Jong.
On the reverse field of this coin, you will find a micro-laser engraved letter within the design that is only detectable under a magnifying glass, and the mint mark of the Perth Mint (‘P’).